The key aims of Moving On are:
- to invest in young people, providing a learning experience that will lead to accreditation;
- to raise standards of achievement with disengaged and disaffected young people;
- to raise individual and collective aspirations in order to realise potential;
- to encourage young people to stay on in learning;
- to contribute to the 14-19 national learning targets;
- to offer meaningful relationships that will reinforce confidence, community commitment and self-belief.
Moving On uses the London Grid for Learning ’Open Check’ facility to announce unplanned closures.